Politics

I was going to write a post about politics. Genuinely, I was. I was going to talk about my opinions and provide evidence for them. I was going to try and start a conversation, make the world a better place.

Then, after starting, I realized that I hate writing about politics. Maybe it's because I've only ever seen antagonism associated with political viewpoints where the internet is concerned. It doesn't seem to accomplish anything, and it makes people angry.

Whatever the reason for that is, it's not why I write in this space. I write stuff here to provide a unique viewpoint on stuff like fiction and movies and whatnot, and hopefully to make people laugh a little every now and again.

Without fail the posts on this blog that get the most views are the ones that address some political, social, or religious point. And that's fine, I'll probably still write those from time to time when I feel like it might actually accomplish something. But my enjoyment of this blog space trumps actual viewership in terms of the importance I ascribe to it.

So instead of a post about politics, you're getting this video. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest things on the internet, and it never fails to brighten my day. Enjoy.


Comments