Pro

I just read something profound. Like, really profound. It was the first chapter of a book that I've been looking forward to reading for the past few months, and was just given a very special opportunity to do so. I've read/heard a lot about this book, and I admit, the first chapter caught me by surprise. Sure, it's a teenage book, so it has all the standard teen stuff (which I would think were cliche if it weren't also so very true). But within the first chapter of this book I learned something about relationships, I learned something about emotion, I learned something about the future, and I learned something about myself. That's one chapter. 12 pages. In the big scheme of things, rather small. So here's my point; if I can learn that much from something that brief, wouldn't that make it's creator a professional?

Okay, it's true that I'm probably adding a definition to the dictionary with this one, but isn't that what professionals are? They are trained to be proficient in their profession. As such, they are the best, a profound example of what the members of that profession are really all about. The things they produce are profoundly professional. And yes, while this may be the English Language According to Spendlove, I would say that it stands to reason that anyone who can do something so well as to profoundly affect someone else could, and rightfully should, be considered a pro.


So the next time somebody looks at you in awe and say, "wow, that was profound", whether they know it or not they're giving you one of the highest compliments they can. Congrats on reaching Pro status.

Comments