It's Out There

I just watched something on YouTube.

Wow, now that's a lame way to start out anything. How many of you just turn off your brains when someone tells you that? "Oh, here's another video they thought was great that I really don't want to watch." Fair enough. Because this isn't about the video I watched.

It's about a car.

Okay, there, I've shut you off again. But bear with me. The car is an Aston. That should help. For those of you not terribly familiar with cars, Aston means that it was made by Aston Martin, who also makes airplane engines, and who blows up a car for James Bond every time they make a new movie (The Aston Martin DB9 was also featured in the Italian Job, though not till the very end. It's the driver dude's dream car).

In this video I watched, which was about an Aston called the V12 Vantage, I learned something about modern Aston's I did not know before. Every time you turn one on, there's a message that lights up on the dash. POWER. BEAUTY. SOUL. Apparently this is Aston's motto, or something. I think it's really cool that a company like that can summarize their pursuits in three bolded words that light up on every one of their products (Okay, I'm not sure about the airplane engines. If there is a light, it's probably not too visible. I'll concede that one). And I thought, "if I were to summarize my beliefs and pursuits in three bolded words, what would they be?" It's a good question, no? And since I watched the video literally three minutes ago, I don't have an answer yet. But I'm open to suggestions, and I'll have an answer soon.

Comments

  1. Eat, Pray, Love? No, wait. That's taken. Eat my shorts? Food, folks, fun? Real, comfortable, jeans? Think different? Oh, that's only two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment