For the Win!

So, I've received three responses to my challenge to come up with an idea for a musical. Thus far I've been pleased with the quality, if not the number. So thanks to those who have shared, y'all are great. I think I should probably also mention here that there is no limit to how many times you can suggest something. So the more ideas you post the better your chances are of winning.

Speaking of winning, I've decided on a prize! Or rather, on a range of options, and you can take your pick if you win. First option is the vocal/piano books for Chess, Les Miserables, or Wicked. If you can't rock the singing or the playing, I'd also be perfectly happy to send you a copy of the DVD that started all of this for me, Chess in Concert. And before you think to yourself, "Nah, I can't sing, I can't play piano, and I've never even heard of Chess!" I want you to realize what this musical is. Ever heard of ABBA? The music was written by the dudes responsible for the two b's in the middle there. Honestly, this musical is filled with some of the best tunes ever played on Broadway. Also, the cast for this DVD features Josh Groban and Idena Menzel as the leads, supported by an incredibly capable cast, chorus, and orchestra. It is truly magnificent. And if you don't feel like you'd really ever watch the DVD, I'll give you the option of the CD version as well.

So there you go. You can pick any one of those five things if you win, and you can post as many ideas as you want in order to help your chances of getting to make that choice. Stop date for the competition is Aug 10th, in case you were wondering, so you've got a few weeks to think up some ideas. But don't let this chance for free stuff pass you by!

Comments

  1. I want Chess in Concert! ... Oh wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I thought of this amazing musical. It's currently a movie, and I thought, "If that were a musical it would be brilliant." And it was a brilliant idea. It was. And then one month later I forgot what it was. And you having this contest reminded me of that frustration.

    But I guess the date has passed anyway.

    I put CHESS on Netflix last week, no joke. I'm a big Mamma Mia fan (I know, I know), so a friend pointed me to it.

    I think Star Trek should be a musical. Some songs include: "I'm a doctor not a _____" "Beam beam beam me up Scotty" as a rap, and some kind of attempt to sing without emotion by Spock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World would also make a good musical. I guess it kind of already is one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say, I've considered Star Trek as well, but thought that in the end it might be a little inaccessible for the average Joe. I pursue my Star Trekking in other fashions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment