The Amazing Spiderman 2

I know this has been out for a while now, but I just watched it. So sue me.

It was a good movie. It was a little odd that at about the mid-point of the movie, there was no villain. But the transformations of two sympathetic characters into villains actually didn't feel as contrived as I'd thought it would. The evil-element of the film wasn't as good as the first, but I liked just about everything else better.

Doc Oc from Spiderman 2 still rocks, and I think I'll take that movie over either of The Amazing Spiderman films, but both of those are better than Spiderman or Spiderman 3.

Somebody really needs to start putting actual titles on these things.

Anyway, the real take-away for me was this.

No, seriously. It's a minute long. Take the time and listen to it. It's worth your time.

Done? That is the title track from the movie's soundtrack. It kinds sounds like the Olympic Fanfare, I'll grant you, but I think that's mostly just the orchestration. The theme itself is slightly reminiscent of John Williams Superman theme, and that's never a bad thing. And you'll never guess who wrote it.

Ha, no, don't be silly. Hans Zimmer doesn't write themes anym... Wait, it was? Huh. Well good on him. That's gotta be the first movie since Pirates that he's written an actual original theme for. Granted, the rest of the soundtrack is fairly standard electronic-noise-Zimmer, but that theme is used throughout, and it's very nice.

So I guess I should stop automatically dismissing everything he writes these days as dance-floor-techno.

Comments