Tomorrowland


This movie flopped in the box office and I'm really sad about that. It was a big-budget sci-fi movie with a unique story, characters, premise, and tons of heart. There's no denying that some bits seemed pretty disjointed, but Hollywood needs more movies like this.

More movies with a soul.

I liked the movie completely aside from the fact that I think it's the most important piece of mass media in the past twenty years. I thought the characters were fun, and the acting was fantastic. I thought the visuals were stunning and the script was lively and real. I thought the conflict was enticing and maybe the most impressive thing about the whole film was the "villain." He was exactly the same as the heroes save one thing; he'd given up on allowing humanity a second chance.

It's all good stuff. The plot didn't always tie together as tightly as it should have, but it didn't bother me much, and I got so much stuff I liked that I couldn't be disappointed overall. This is probably one of my favorite movies of all time. It's in contention for the top ten matrix, that's for sure.

Do I recommend this movie? Absolutely. And I hope, against hope, that studios make more like it. I recommend it because it's important, and I feel like every adult and child needs to internalize the message it's communicating. But I also recommend it because it's good, family friendly, clean fun. It's not part of a franchise, it's not a copy of something else. It's utterly unique and is solid, entertaining science fiction. Reviewers you may have seen will tell you it's badly made and incoherent and preachy and yada yada yada.

Please just ignore them. They've lost their sense of wonder and are probably colossal bores at a party.

Comments