Random Thoughts Ep. 5

If you're at all interested in movie soundtracks, I've got a quick recommendation for you; go check out the score for The Sea Hawk by Erich Wolfgang Korngold. There's a great re-recording of it by The Utah Symphony Orchestra on iTunes, but you can probably also find it on YouTube.

This is a golden age Hollywood production, and Korngold is one of the composers most responsible for influencing a young John Williams. The music is excellent throughout, but what really interested me is how familiar the whole thing felt to me when I first listened to it. Around track 14 I realized why that was.

This music could have been used to score Hook and nobody would have batted an eye.
__________________________

Wait a second... didn't Artoo get the Death Star plans from Princess Leia on a disk of some sort? And yet to read the plans off of him before the briefing they had to plug him directly into their computer? Why not just take the disk out and let the sentient robot go on with his day?

She also appears to be stooping over to stop her recording for Obi-Wan via a button on Artoo's face when we first see her, and I honestly can't decide which one of those tidbits paints a weirder picture of the Star Wars universe's technology.
__________________________

I can honestly say I’ve been around the internet long enough to remember the birth of just about every meme. It’s uh... kind of a weird sort of seniority that frequently sees me reference memes that nobody I’m addressing remembers.

Comments

Post a Comment