An Homage Or Something

You ever have your brain just shut down? I don't mean like falling into a coma, or something like that, but rather just a significant portion of your ability to cognizantly form thoughts and reactions just stops working for some reason. Like the ability to correctly process emotions, or to form fundamentally original thoughts.

Because I do. Feeling it right now, in point of fact. In some ways it hasn't hampered my ability to function at all; I drew this sick piece of margin art for my next comic volume release, and it may very well be the finest piece of comic artistry I've ever produced.

In other ways it's killing me. It manifests as writer's block sometimes, locking out my ability or desire to even look at words, while other times it's more like depression, tamping down the emotional responses I usually use to generate reactionary content like reviews. It's not uncommon, and is the main reason I like to maintain a backlog of posts on the blog these days. But the backlog must be fed, and so here I am generating content even though my brain doesn't really want me to.

The end state is that I'm posting that dope picture I drew for you to admire briefly before moving on, and presenting these words as an explanation as to why there aren't more words today. It's because my brain isn't neuroning like it's supposed to. I've got a feeling that most people can probably understand what that feels like.

So uh... yeah. Be kind to the people you talk to today. You never know who's meat-computer picked now to run a defrag.

Comments