Eleven Years

It sorta doesn't feel like this is real, but it's been 11 years since I first posted to this blog. That's about a third of my life at this point, actually, so it feels like a substantial amount of time. Though I guess what really makes it feel like an eternity is the fact that 2020 happened during that period, and we all know how that feels.

During that time I've used this space to dabble at being a musician, a cartoonist, a writer, a designer, a linguist, a poet, and a critic. At this point you can actually go listen to my music, buy a shirt with my design on it, or buy my books and I will get paid actual money for those things. So I think it's fair to say I've reaped some reward from writing this blog.

I've got a new hobby, actually, because it turns out that technical writing and fiction writing taken together pivot pretty well into table-top game writing. The actual "game design" aspect of that effort is what I'm still working on, but I'm nothing if not over enthusiastic about anything that gives me an excuse to buy dice I don't need. So expect more content of that nature to land here unless I get distracted again.

I've got no real need to see any kind of success with this blog, especially in a world where pretty much all internet content is consumed via video. Which I've also dabbled in, just not here. That said I had hoped when I started My Valley that it would become more meaningful to me than just another creative project I'd eventually lose interest in, and after more than a decade I feel pretty comfortable saying that it has. This thing means something to me, despite meaning very little to anyone else. So mission accomplished, I guess.

I'll uh, just keep posting more stuff. That's how we get from here to 22.

Comments